The government of India has made it mandatory to link the existing Aadhaar Card numbers with PAN (Permanent Account Number) of taxpayers with effect from July 1, 2017. The revenue department has stated that “every person who has been allotted PAN as on July 1, 2017, and who in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 139AA is required to intimate his Aadhaar Card number, shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the principal director general of income tax (systems) or DGIT (Systems)”.
Here’s how to link your Aadhaar number with PAN:
The linking should be done in the Income Tax department’s e-filing website
To link go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link on the left pane: Link Aadhaar. Provide the PAN and Aadhaar numbers, enter your name exactly as given in the Aadhaar card, avoiding a spelling mistake and click submit. After verification from the UIDAI, the linking will be confirmed.
Click on this link directly and fill in the form: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. There is no need to login or be registered on. This facility can be used by anyone to link their Aadhaar with PAN.
What if the names in Aadhaar and PAN cards are spelled differently?
In the case of any minor mismatch in the provided name with that of the actual data in the UIDAI database, an Aadhaar OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. However, the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar should exactly be the same.
What if the names in the PAN and Aadhaar cards are completely different?
If the name in the Aadhaar is spelled completely different from the one in the PAN card, then the linking will fail and the taxpayer has to change the name in either Aadhaar or PAN databases.
Can the linking be done through SMS?
Yes. The Aadhaar number and PAN can be linked through SMS too. An SMS should be sent from your registered mobile number to 567678 or 56161 in the following format.
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234F
Where all Aadhaar will be compulsory?
- The Union Health Ministry has issued a notification making Aadhaar mandatory for TB patients availing treatment under the government’s Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP).
- The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank accounts.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has made it mandatory for patients to produce Aadhaar for availing free ambulance service.
- It is mandatory for Beedi/Iron Ore/limestone workers who want to avail house subsidy.
- Aadhaar is compulsory for people who want to avail e-panchayat training benefits.
- Aadhaar is mandatory for those who wish to avail benefits of welfare schemes under Integrated Department of Horticulture.
- Students seeking Central scholarships for college studies need to submit Aadhaar.
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme, Deendayal Antyodya Yojana, National Rural Livelihoods Mission require mandatory Aadhaar.
- Mid-Day meals also make Aadhaar mandatory.
- Financial support under National Mission for Empowerment of Women will be given after mandatory Aadhaar registration.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences extended the deadline for payment of the fee but mandated Aadhaar for taking biometric attendance of students and for the authentication of documents.
- In order to tighten the security at airports, the Central Industrial Security Force mandated the airport employees carry Aadhaar card as an ID to enter and exit the airport premises.
- The Union Sports Ministry and the School Games Federation of India made Aadhaar compulsory for sports participants to bring in transparency and avoid age fraud.
- LPG and Kerosene subsidy- In order to eliminate corruption, the Supreme Court linked Aadhaar to the public distribution system (PDS) and LPG subsidy in 2015.
(Source: Department of Income Tax)
Sources: The Hindu, Times of India, The Indian Express.
ALSO, VIEW THIS VIDEO IN MALAYALAM
ഇത് എങ്ങനെ ചെയ്യാം എന്ന് ഈ വീഡിയോയിൽ വളരെ വ്യക്തമായി അവതരിപ്പിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നു. Jayaraj G Nath
Video Source: Jayaraj G Nath